Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 1- We have honeycomb, honey and eggs!!!!

I am so thrilled! I did the first week inspection and I am very pleased. The hives are going wonderfully!!!! I didn't know what to expect since I am doing foundationless, but they impressed my socks off!


Isn't this beautiful comb???


There was a little bit of wonky comb where the queen's cages were hanging. I had to cut them off but they were beautiful. I put those in a freezer bag and put them in a freezer without thinking about it. should have used a rubber band and attached them to an empty frame. Oh well. Next time.



If you look closely, you can see EGGS!!!! The wax was so pristine that I did not see the eggs at first. I was concerned. I took the wonky wax and studied it and found the eggs. Made my day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment